07 May 2006

but on the bright side...

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Such a beautiful day that we decided to go have a picnic lunch on the beach. John got the Beetle ready, and I made the sandwiches. We packed up the cooler and off we went. [Check out the beach cam.]

We had been sitting on the beach about 15 minutes when we started seeing dolphins swimming by. These pics don't do justice to how many there were and how close to shore. It's just really hard to snap that picture at just the right moment - and get it to focus...


And then, from nowhere, a downpour!!! We quickly got everything packed into the car and drove to the access road. But when we got there, we found an SUV spinning its tires in the soft-sand-turned-mud. If an SUV couldn't get off the beach, than neither could we! Eventually, we were able to go through, and by the time we got home, the rain had of course stopped.

But on the bright side, we got to have a picnic on the beach without getting all sunburnt :)

***

This morning, after my early morning walk, I decided to make myself an omelette for breakfast. I used the last two eggs in the house (both whites, but only one yolk), sauted onion and garlic, yellow rice, diced tomato, salsa verde, shredded cheddar, and half a dollop of lite sour cream. With a side of dry wheat toast. And the last of the orange juice. I took it all outside to eat, while John did some yardwork.

About halfway through, I tried to push my chair back so that I could say something to John, but the back legs got caught up and the chair started to tip back. I was falling! I flailed my arms and legs, and tried to grab onto something to stop myself, knocking over my glass of orange juice and flinging the remaining half omelette and toast onto the table, which, counter to everything my Mom taught me, I had not cleaned first.

My beautiful breakfast was ruined! If I hadn't been so upset, you would have a nice pic of the whole fiasco to look at. But you'll just have to use your imagination...

But on the bright side, I had eaten enough that I'm not still hungry AND I only ingested half the fat and cholesterol of a whole omelette :)

1 Comments:

At 9/5/06 2:16 PM, Blogger Lizzo said...

okay, i feel bad that you lost your omelette, but the visual of you falling brought a chuckle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home