22 May 2006

what a beach!

Yesterday, I swam in the ocean!

(that's me waving)


It was a beautiful day - scorching hot, but with the breeze we hardly noticed.


John packed us a lunch and we took die Käfer for a picnic.



If you had been looking at this web cam at just the right time, you would've seen us drive right under the Sunglow Fishing Pier in South Daytona Beach. Our friend Stefan was looking - check it out!


That was my first ocean swim since I moved here. And I loved it! The water was clear and cool, there was no seaweed, the surf wasn't too rough. It was just perfect!


And how's this for service - the ice-cream truck comes right to you!


We left just in the nick of time - the tide was coming in and we didn't want to get stuck (again!).

But what a nice afternoon!

5 Comments:

At 22/5/06 12:16 PM, Blogger unHuman said...

The water and sky look brilliant !!
In a few days, it's "men's day" (or father's day) here in germany. And from what it seems now, the weather we're gonna get is rainy :(

And we want to camp with tents and stuff, so it would be nice if the weather is gonna get better

 
At 22/5/06 6:07 PM, Blogger Kimie said...

I could swim in the ocean, if I wanted to freeze!

 
At 23/5/06 6:25 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Stefan, I will send thoughts of good weather in your direction :)

 
At 26/5/06 5:01 AM, Blogger Kimie said...

Oh an I forgot to ask...does the ice cream truck play 'helter skelter'????

 
At 23/9/06 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures on the beach with the VW.

-Ellie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home