24 June 2006

all work and no play - isn't it great!!!

I never thought I'd say these words, but boy is it good to be working!!!

I have been hired by PACE Center for Girls, an alternative school that offers 12-18 year olds an option other than dropping out.

I am the MIS person there, doing all sorts of data management, IT support and "other duties as assigned." After my first week, I can say with a smile that I really like it there so far. The staff has been very friendly and welcoming, and I'm really digging the 'girl-power' vibe. I have my own office on the second floor, which I have already redecorated to include some of my personal touches :)

The school is an historic landmark, and was originally the segregated Ormond Colored School.

Next time, I hope to have pictures of the interior, including the aforementioned office.

BTW, if you would like to read more about PACE or the historical features of the school, click the blue links above...

5 Comments:

At 24/6/06 10:16 AM, Blogger Kimie said...

Good luck with your new job and happy bird doo as well. :)

 
At 24/6/06 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, all girls school.

Do any of the instructors look like the gym teacher in "scary movie???" :>)

We are very interested in hearing more about the workings of your new "work domicile" in the future.

When you are the person they come to for IT help, you are often on a pedestal and treated like gold.

Here's hoping you get the gold tretment!!

 
At 25/6/06 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Linda. I'm sure you will love the new job.

Ellie

 
At 28/6/06 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your job! Good luck and keep liking it; if you stop liking it, keep liking the $$! That always worked for me..you retired cousin.

 
At 23/9/06 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had pictured a plain, concrete colored, taller building. This looks more like Deco style. (Maybe it’s the colors.)

-Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home