04 July 2006

a launch, a new cat, an office, and a quiz

Happy Fourth of July!

John & I got to see an AWESOME fireworks show when the Space Shuttle Discovery launched at 2:38 this afternoon. Standing in our front yard, we caught sight of it a few seconds after launch, and followed it until the rocket boosters separated. Simply amazing!


Earlier, we planted pentas in our front flower-box and added rosemary to our herb garden. On the back patio, we added a citronella plant and a catnip plant. We're hoping that the catnip will not entice new ones, just keep the current ones happy. And
speaking of new ones, let me introduce the newest member of the Cat Ranch - Hester Prynne. She came to us just about 2 weeks ago, and is now a fully established resident.

As promised, here is a glimpse of my new office. I'm looking forward to filling in the blank wall space as my time there increases, but here's
what I have so far.

And this is the stairwell I have to climb to get to my office, and the window I look out of on my way up. Very old-school - literally!!!


Put on your thinking caps - it's quiz time!!! The question is:
What color am I?
Here are some clues...
Sunday, at approx. 9:30 a.m., I slathered on Bull Frog Gel SPF 36. Shortly thereafter, I made my way to the ocean, where I swam and boogie-boarded until approx. 1:30 p.m.
What color Crayola® crayon do I now most resemble?

Answer next week!

4 Comments:

At 4/7/06 4:32 PM, Blogger Kimie said...

Indian RED!!! and worth a lot as they don't make those any more!

Your new kitty looks like Dilly's lost love child.

 
At 11/7/06 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say you have a really nice RED now :)
..but it should hopefully be gone by now.

Hello to the new cat!!

The Rocket start looks deadly ;)

Andre + Claire

 
At 23/9/06 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the color you best resemble is probably Crimson....ouch!!!

-MTB

 
At 23/9/06 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn’t thinking that you’d have such a good view of the launch. Another advantage of living in Daytona!

-Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home