13 January 2007

nevermind cocoa puffs....

....we're cuckoo for cuckoo clocks!

[if this reference made no sense to you, check this out]

We love 'em! We're crazy about 'em! We have 'em all over!


This one is all by himself (for now) in the reading area. watch video



These two are by the front door. They don't have a cuckoo, but they have an equally amusing bouncing lady and a bird that ticks back and forth! watch video



These three hang near our couch. The one on the right only cuckoos, but the other two also have a music box, and the men on the one on the left drink beer. The center one has an angry man that slams the door shut after the music box plays. watch video
I know, I know. The video ends before the door slams :(
I will have to try again...




If you sit in the center of our living room and close your eyes, it is like being enveloped in a giant irregular heartbeat!

6 Comments:

At 13/1/07 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...a giant irregular heartbeat..."?
Thanks, but I already have that!
Hey, the clocks are beautiful! Do you manage to get any sleep with all the noise?
Guess it begins to sound like an orchestra, huh?

 
At 14/1/07 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent-of course the one I know and still great is the one in the middle that slams the door. Slam!
Andy.

 
At 14/1/07 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remind me to bring earplugs if I ever have to sleep over at your house!! :)

Erin

 
At 14/1/07 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill brought a cuckoo clock back from Germany for my Mom years ago and she LOVED it! We still have it so I appreciate your love for them; very unique and I like them! Emilie

 
At 15/1/07 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I’ll never sleep in your living room again!

Mom

 
At 24/1/07 10:10 AM, Blogger unHuman said...

damn, that reminds me of my friend's grandpa who got about 10 of them.
They really are something, but can't sleep while they're ticking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home