09 August 2007

good news everyone...


I'm sending you all on a highly controversial mission!

No, wait, that's a cartoon! But I have good news of my own - are you ready?

I...

Got...

A PROMOTION AND A NEW OFFICE!!!!!!!!

Hooray! Woo-hooooo! clap clap clap

First the promotion: I am now the Special Projects Manager at PACE Center for Girls (a step up from the Special Projects Coordinator I was a week ago). Basically, it's the same as what I was doing with a dash of extra responsibility and just a pinch of additional duties. Oh, and I get to manage the receptionist (who I first have to hire - ugh!). And - best of all - I get to be as anal retentive as my beating heart desires AND THEY WILL LOVE ME FOR IT!!!!! MWAAH-HAAAAAHH-HAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

And then there's the office, which actually came before the promotion. I used to be on the second floor of our main building, but now I've moved across the courtyard to a ground floor office (yippee - no stairs!). Plus, for the first time since...well, since ever, I have an office with a window. Scratch that. I don't have A window, I have two windows! All the other offices have one, but mine has two. Damn right, I'm special!

Here is a little tour:


This is the view from the hallway...



This is me sitting at my desk, working very hard...



This is my already cluttered desk...

Check out that 80's style white formica - at non-profits, sometimes you have to take what you get :-)



And this is what I see while sitting in my chair...
Notice the very cool Harry Potter note pad that my friend and co-worker Tracey gave me (no, I'm not a geek)...



To get an idea of what conditions I'd been working in for the past year, check out this pic. It was small and dark and not very cheerful. Quite a difference!

I've even added plants and a fish.


This is Blooberry Stroodle. He's not featured in the pictures of my office because I just got him this afternoon. But he's on the file cabinet under the window, next to the plant.



I've also added two more plants since the picture - one on the bookcase and the other near the phone on the desk. If you close your eyes and imagine potted fittonia like this, you'll get the idea.


So that's my big news. Maybe someone reading this (ahem) has good news of her own (ahem ahem) and will be inspired to update her very very very outdated blog (ahem) with her good news. (Ahem)




Coming up: SHOES

9 Comments:

At 10/8/07 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting!

-Mom

 
At 10/8/07 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!

OK, Now buy me lunch :-)

DR

 
At 10/8/07 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the German cat poster.
Oh and that seems like my printer. Hmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

Great-well done.

Andy

 
At 10/8/07 10:28 AM, Blogger annjee said...

My first thought when viewing the photos of your office: "Tinkerbell has grown up, but there are still influences from her life in Never-Never Land: the eclectic and youthful ambiance of her desk."

Very nice!

Congrats on the promo...you deserve it.

 
At 10/8/07 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I read your blog...and it was interesting. Liked the pic of the fish. Maybe I'll bring back a baby moose for my office. Take care, jill

 
At 10/8/07 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up!
TK

 
At 10/8/07 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so great for you!!!!! Congrats :-)
Erin

 
At 10/8/07 2:36 PM, Blogger Kimie said...

Coolness! Windows and all!

 
At 13/8/07 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, LINDA. The office with 2 WINDOWS is really nice. Good Luck in the new job.

Love, Ellie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home